Of our clients recommend us.
We undertake a large volume of publicly funded work funded by the Legal Aid Agency. Our clients are required to meet the eligibility criteria for LAA work which means that they are required to fall within the criteria for financial assistance and their case needs to be relatively strong in merits.
This means that your case needs to have good or reasonable prospects of success and meet the cost benefit criteria. In order to ascertain whether you are financially eligible, we strongly recommend that you visit this link http://www.justice.gov.uk/legal-aid/assess-your-clients-eligibility/civil-eligibility/civil-eligibility-calculator.
We currently hold the legal aid contract for Housing & Debt and Asylum for Manchester & Derby. We are the first private firm of solicitors to be awarded the legal aid contract in the Cheetham Hill area of Manchester and one of three firms in Derby to provide Asylum legal aid.
Please note, if you do attend an appointment and do want to be assessed for legal aid, we require you to bring the following information during your initial appointment;
- Photographic ID
- Utility bill dated in the last 3 months of your appointment.
- Last 3 months bank statements from the date of your appointment.
- If you are working, your last 3 months pay slips.
- If you are self-employed, last year’s accounts report prepared by your accountant.
- If you are in receipt of Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance or NASS payments. Please go to the jobcentre and ask them to write a letter confirming what benefit you are in receipt of. Should the Job Centre ask the reason for this, inform them that it is required for your application for Legal Aid.
- Recent working tax and child benefit letter.
- Recent housing benefit letter.
- All documentation regarding your case.
Without the above information, it would be difficult for us to assess your entitlement to Legal Aid.
Search Amelius Solicitors
Request a Callback
Get In Touch
Contact one of our experts today using any of the ways below:
0161 795 0629